Sunday, May 9, 2010

Work and Life

This week we gave our first lesson to teachers, which I think signals the beginning of our real work. It was an hour long session that started with a demonstration of an interactive sort of lesson, and covered what our program is, what their school needs to do to be healthy, and then gave them an opportunity to ask us questions to clarify what we´re doing here. It went pretty well, so that was good. We´re still mostly just visiting schools and observing how they work, how clean the kids are, and what they need to do to be healthier.

In normal life stuff, I played soccer several times in the last couple weeks, usually with elementary school kids, but once in my old town with some adults. For all my guy friends who may appreciate it, I may have jumped to trap a bouncing ball and used the wrong part of my anatomy to stop it, and gone and sat on the side for a few minutes... Also, we had a dramatic several days at my house when the cat got sick and gave birth to some premature kittens. We had to feed them with an eye-dropper, but in the end they were too young and their mom wasn´t taking care of them, and none of them made it... Pretty sad day, but since we were kind of expecting it, it wasn´t too terrible. I think it helped my mood that I spent a couple hours playing with the kids later that day.

Not sure what else to report. I have been watching the first season of The West Wing, and it´s fantastic. Juwan Howard makes a cameo appearance, which I think should motivate Paul to give the show a chance... TV on DVD is a life-saver here in the evenings.

I think that about covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment