Sunday, April 25, 2010

Work Update

Hi everyone. So we still haven´t done anything major in the schools except introduce ourselves, but we´ve been to almost all our schools which is something of an accomplishment considering that we have 19. I´m still a little stumped about what to do in the afternoons usually, except that I´ve made a friend who is a teacher at a Middle School and on Fridays I go with him when he teaches P.E. so that I can play/help. It´s exhausting, but not for the activity, I barely do any running. It´s exhausting for the amount of Spanish I have to listen to and for how long I have to be focused and for how fast the kids that age and my friend all speak. Super draining, so I sleep well on Friday nights.

I baked a cake yesterday, the kind that we always had for our birthdays at my house, except that as my mom correctly predicted, I couldn´t get the frosting to set, so I went and bought a box of frosting and used that. It wasn´t quite the same, but it worked. It´s weird how hard it is to find brown sugar here. I haven´t found it yet...

Hmm, I think that´ll be all for now. I´m out of ideas and I´m getting sleepy...

1 comment: